12.14.2009

More 大阪




One of the first things I noticed when I arrived in Japan was that I had forgotten my extra camera battery and charger at my Father's house....charging. So I began to conserve my battery life and looked for a place selling Sony battery chargers.

Unfortunately most of my Osaka experience is not documented with pictures but that didn't make it any less fabulous.

First we checked into our hotel/youth hostel ,ホテルチュオ. We had a little trouble explaining our reservations and figuring out how we were to pay ( up front). We were issued our keys even for the non-present individuals. Although we were allowed to wear our shoes in the hotel, there were mini-genkan in our rooms for us to remove our shoes and a pair of fresh disposable slippers to wear inside of our bedrooms. I changed my clothes and giggled like a nut as Amanda and I expressed our disbelief at where we were.
We all went out to explore Dotonbori and then back to bed. The next day we explored Osaka and made plans for the rest of the week.


We visited the aquarium, where we saw thousands of fish and other aquatic species. I took the longest to go through the aquarium as I took over 600 photos and examined every display.
After the aquarium we went to the shopping mall next door for lunch and for some shopping, in the mall we saw a ninja store and "spy house" and a pet shop/petting zoo where you could pay to pet the animals (everything from dogs, cats, and birds to goats and sheep).
Amanda & Cody in the food court, TOTORO!, Cody & the Colonel, The men and their bags


A giant ferris wheel was attached to the shopping mall so we all went for a ride and viewed the city of Osaka from the top.

0 comments: