7.09.2008

My birthday

Today is my birthday, I turn a grand 25 (woooo quarter of a century). Today has been great. My sister Kyla and I went out for some Mediterranean food where we saw one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. He had lovely skin, perfect cheekbones, gorgeous eyes and a gentle manner. Kyla and I were stunned. Sometimes I'm amazed at the beauty people can possess. This is not to say that normal people are not attractive but there is something so unearthly about this type of combination. It was not that I desired him, I was simply amazed. He was one of the four sons of the owner.

After our excursion to the land of beautiful people Kyla and I decided to turn down a random road where we ran into an international market I had no knowledge of. It was such a tiny store but there were several aisles perfectly organized with the most scrumptious things. There were objects I haven't ever seen and such a supply! There were things that I haven't been able to find since I moved to Columbia which made me so happy because I would finally be able to try several new recipes I'd been yearning for. Kyla and I ended up getting a bar of chocolate which is processed in Springfield, MO but came from a farmer in Ecuador who works with the company. We also purchased a giant bottle of almond extract ( I use it a lot).

Afterwards we saw a tree growing near a parking lot that was heavy with apples, I've decided that we will go raid the apples and make a pie or jam later this summer.

We stopped by the library where we picked up far too many books and enjoyed their lovely air conditioning.

On the way home I decided to spoil myself by stopping at the yarn shop. To my surprise they were having a huge sale! The lady inside gave us several skeins of yarn, a magazine we'd been ogling and reduced the price of three sale items I wanted. I was very happy.

To top it all off, Kyla and I went home and turned on the silly dance show I'm fascinated with. They were doing a bollywood routine which nearly made me pee my pants. I love bollywood... I might write about it tomorrow.

For dinner I decided to make a special treat for my birthday, Jaegerschnitzel and spatzle. I love German food. Of course I cannot make it as well as my favourite restaurant in Independence, MO ( Here's looking at you The Rheinland!) . Now two glasses of wine later and delicious dinner in my belly I'm contemplating taking up my knitting project or working on my puzzle.

yes, I'm elderly

0 comments: