
Things I like: Trout
Greg and I finally put some money down and bought a pair of trout from the nice lady at the Troutdale Farm stand at the farmer's market. We've been eyeing the trout for some time but as college students who are quite broke we simply couldn't afford it. I spent some birthday money on a set and ta da here are the results.
You can read more about the trout farm at http://www.troutdalefarm.com
The trout comes to us in a ziploc bag packed in ice. You have several choices for meat cuts including : whole fish, whole gutted fish w/head, gutted fish w/out heads, and filets. We chose the whole gutted fish for fun, plus Greg wanted to eat the eyes and cheeks as he had heard they are delicious and good for you.
Next Greg and I considered what to season the fish with, we decided some on some lemon, sorrel leaves, onion, parsley, garlic cloves and butter.
We tied the fish up with food string, brushed with olive oil and Greg put the little guy on the grill.
Results? Delicious.
8.07.2008
mm mm trout
Posted by thewalnut at Thursday, August 07, 2008
Labels: greg, grilling, nom nom, tasty, things I like, trout
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment